Monday, August 9, 2010

square foot gardening review on the book

I had gotten this book a year back and its a good book. The only thing I didn't find in what it ask is perlite which is hard to find in San Antonio. What I understand Perlite is a vocanic substance with porus components which allows for better growth on your veggies. Forget about looking for it at homedepot and lowes and if your lucky to find it let me know. So I reverted to another way to create your soil which is potting soil, cow manure, peed moss. Now I use potting soil because I use these for my container garden but if your making an actual square foot garden I would recommend getting garden soil.

I used the same recipe they provide in the book but substituted it with potting soil.

So would I recommend this book? Yes I would but just be aware that perlite is hard to find.

Anyway I got a link to some of the squarefoot books

No comments:

Post a Comment